March 18, 2020
Dear Two Rivers Cooperative Customer,
This past week has made all of us stop in our tracks at times and think hard about where we are going, what we are doing and if it is important. With the initial outbreak and continuing spread of COVID-19, Two Rivers Cooperative has discussed intensely what actions we should take/restrict in response to this threat.
We take our responsibility to protect our most important assets (our customers, our employees, and our communities) very seriously. While we certainly don’t want to panic, we feel it is appropriate and prudent to take the following steps to help protect everyone involved.
We also understand the spring planting season is near at hand and we will be doing everything possible to ensure you are supplied with the products and services you need, when you need them, to get this crop planted.
At this time, we are implementing the following actions:
- Limit unnecessary travel.
- All sales staff has been instructed to conduct as much business as possible via electronic means (i.e. – phone calls, text messages, etc.).
- When face-to-face interaction is necessary, staff will follow CDC social distancing guidelines.
- To limit exposure to patrons and employees during pick-up or delivery of all products.
- Feed mill operations/deliveries will continue with increased limited access by outside vendors and ingredient delivery personnel to feed mill facilities.
- Offer pre-season delivery of seed, crop protection products and other crop inputs to your farm.
- Please call ahead for orders to be picked up at our facilities. At arrival, please call and we will load your vehicle while you wait in your vehicle.
- Limit personal contact in each office setting.
- All breakrooms & public gathering areas are closed to visitors until further notice.
- Adhere to CDC guidelines to restrict group gatherings to 10 people or less. We ask for your help and cooperation in minimizing personal interactions.
- We will be supportive to any employees that may become exposed to COVID-19, have immediate family that have been exposed and/or working parents that have schools or daycare closed.
Two Rivers Cooperative will continue to monitor this very fluid and moving target, and will communicate any changes to our operations with you through text messaging and/or updates on our website (www.tworivers.coop).
We hope all of you stay healthy and safe as we travel this uncharted journey together.